Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - espace 01 central locking fault can anyone help

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have just found and fixed what sounds like a similar problem with my espace (2002 Espace III) I had a rear door which did not lock. Guided by what peter thomson said I checked the electrics and found that several wires were broken inside the rubber boot which goes from the door pillar to the door. I have since soldered in extra bits of wire (with much cursing about the difficultly of soldering onto a short end) and covered the joins with heat shrink insulation.

One thing I tried while testing was to disconnect the connector from the door pillar (hadn't previously realised it was a connector) and put a voltmeter on the pins at the door pillar. I found that one pin kicked up to 12 volts and several gave a tiny kick of 0.5 volt or so when plipping the key fob. My guess was that the pin with 12 volts was the power to lock the door and that the tiny kicks on other pins were a red herring that was best ignored.
Currently in black-black-white's garage:
2002 Espace III
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome