Well spent the last few days pulling my hair out with this car. Sunday I lifted the cover on the battery to try and jump it of my mates lag (thanks for the idea fasterdad) and noticed that everything metal in or around the battery was coated in a nice white fur coat. I removed the battery and found that acid was pouring from the seal were the side meets the top (the battery is only 4 months old) Any way decided to remove the battery tray to clean it. Well what a surprise, Renult have only put the
under it (I thought it was up near the wipers) its now got a lovely eched finish to it thanks to the battery acid. Luckily I dont think its eaten through , I have taken it off and swilled it and the rest of the engine bay with loads of water and reassembled every thing. One exchange battery later (Monday) and its still the same, dash and climate all lit up and every thing electrical live and the key card still in my hand. Cold and sick I gave up had a couple of cans and went to bed. Came in from work tonight and thought I would have another go at it, try'd everything again, pulled relays but every thing still on so I had a look behind the fuse box by the pedals (not a lot of room) But everything still live and the dash still lit up like a xmas tree, and me thinking its got to be an open relay, Well I had the little door open on the fuse box looking at it when I lost my temper and hit it with the ratchet I had in my hand (not hard cos its only a little opening and you cant get a good swing at it). Would you believe it, the dash lights went out and the car is working perfectly again
, starts first time, stops when you want it to,What can you say, How much would I have been charged by a dealer for that and would it have shown up on a diagnostic check. Its a love hate relationship with this car, Love it when its going, but hate the stupid little things that stop it.