Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the stupidest addition you've made to your car?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2008 Thread Starter
wobbly spoon
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
What's the stupidest addition you've made to your car?

The stupidest addition i ever made was to my best mates car when we were in our late teens. We bought an old bright orange rotbox fiat from pannal motor auctions in harrogate and wanted to put the biggest back wheels on it to make it look 'radical' and jacked up at the back. We bought two large wheels with tyres from the local scrappers and after a lot of manouvering and pushing and pulling eventually bolted them on. We jumped in and drove around to a pick up a couple of mates and go out for a blast. We set off and there was a horrible grating sound which was quite unnerving but we just floored it to see what we could get out of it until hey presto the tyres finally came through the rear wheel arches! the weight of the two extra lads in the back had forced the wheel arches down onto the tyres which ate through the rust, body filler and carpet pretty quickly. The end result was a smelly car and the two mates walking home so that we could get it back and put the original wheels back on ... eeee those were the days
Currently in wobbly spoon's garage:
Renault Espace mark 3 2.2 dci
  5 Lastest Threads by wobbly spoon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Calling all Scotsmen i need your help............ General Chat ottoman 15 2595 7th June 2008 09:06 PM
wallet theft scam warning ... General Chat stevet14 2 1077 3rd June 2008 12:05 AM
Joey Barton Jailed General Chat jme 20 2662 21st May 2008 11:12 AM
The Best Sci-Fi Film Ever ? General Chat DJC013 39 4368 18th May 2008 09:11 PM
Rangers fans in manchester General Chat Mike11 2 1239 17th May 2008 09:43 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome