Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dent/Damage to Passenger Door - Clio DCI (3 dr)

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Dent/Damage to Passenger Door - Clio DCI (3 dr)

Thanks for all the replies, sorry I was meant to reply earlier but I've been at work.

As far as insurance goes, they'd have written off the car due to the smashed window which they paid out for. As I've not had the car that long, it wasn't something I was willing to happen.

To be honest, I'm happy even with a partial repair, just anything to minimise that unsightly dent. The fact that the idiot that did it doesn't have much money in the first place means if anything, he will get off with a fairly reduced compensation charge and fines. I was told by the courts that they will consider quotes, but obviously I will be gaining quotes for repair rather than a full replacement as the door was not new when it was dented.

Guessing this dent can't be reduced in any way, shape or form without either filling or a door replacement? Really irritates me to see it given that this car was my pride and joy. At the same time I don't want to fork out as it is an old car, so hardly worth paying a tonne to get it fixed.

Last edited by jonny041187; 25th February 2016 at 06:44 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome