Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - please help, cant get in my car

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by chelle2008 View Post
thanx, out of interest if i walk into a renault dealership and told them i needed another key as i only had one how much would they charge me, being that im a woman who obviously knows nothing about cars ?

i was once quoted 400 for a minor repair on a bumper on my old car, i later got that repair done for 60
I had a similar problem with my Safrane Key, all it takes is 2 batteries at a cost of 2.50 each. Available at all motorist centres and I am sure they will replace them for you if you ask.
Or a small cross head screwdriver and you can change them yourself.

I always keep spare batteries in the car now just in case this should happen again.

With regards to the cost of a new key, if it is what is known as a standard coded then it should cost you no more than 50 from a Renault dealer.
If it is a special coded then it can cost upwards to 140.
Both these prices are VAT inclusive.

The other thing to remember is that you can still unlock your vehicle manually using the key, however you will need the override code to start the vehicle, this should be with your documentation and the method is in your small Renault owners guide book, I think it is in section 10.

To override the code takes a comination of button presses and accelaerator presses on my Safrane i would imagine it is similar with your vehicle.
Currently in safron16's garage:
1994 Safrane 2.2 Petrol
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome