Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the stupidest addition you've made to your car?

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Hi well it was about 1997 and i bought one of the them stupid in car personal CD players the type that plugs into the head unit via tape like connection and i think it was supposed to have the anti shock reduction built in b@llicks it did every bit of uneven surface i hit it jumped and ¤¤¤¤ed about so it made more sense to use it as a frizzbey and the window got wound down on the M1 coming out of Lisburn to Belfast need i say anymore,cheers Donald.
I bought a similar one in 1989-ish. A Panasonic 'Walkman' style personal CD player. My logic was that I could use it at home, on the road (with the 'cassette on a wire' adapter) or in the office. It worked pretty well for the most part.

It didn't have anti-shock at all, and I spent ages perfecting a platform for it to sit on in the car. I think I ended up with two pieces of cardboard, separated by roughly a 3/4 inch cube of soft packing foam on each corner. One piece was stuck to the dash, the other had velcro on the top so I could stick the player on. It actually worked very well, but it looked ridiculous

I've still got the player somewhere and it still works (well it did last time I put batteries in.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome