Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the stupidest addition you've made to your car?

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
I bought a similar one in 1989-ish. A Panasonic 'Walkman' style personal CD player. My logic was that I could use it at home, on the road (with the 'cassette on a wire' adapter) or in the office. It worked pretty well for the most part.

It didn't have anti-shock at all, and I spent ages perfecting a platform for it to sit on in the car. I think I ended up with two pieces of cardboard, separated by roughly a 3/4 inch cube of soft packing foam on each corner. One piece was stuck to the dash, the other had velcro on the top so I could stick the player on. It actually worked very well, but it looked ridiculous

I've still got the player somewhere and it still works (well it did last time I put batteries in.)
Use it as a frizzbey it goes quite far well 4 lanes worth and 1 hard shoulder and a central reservation and doesn't come back well in one piece anyhow
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome