Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace 2.2DCi 140 Dynamique

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
According to what car your engine should have blown up by now!

Eagle8 - was'nt keeping it a secret, but could'nt bring myself to say it (you may have seen it in other threads), but my engine did go for a burton a week ago, due to turbo . I am fortunate that Renault are contributing 80% to the cost. (I am 1 year out of warranty)

However, I still would recommed the Espace 4. I do not know how my car was treated before I got it (eg did it have oil changes every 9000) and as I mentioned before the turbo is not its best feature and some will be lucky or unlucky, but there are a lot of preventative measures.

I would be interested what percentage of Renaults have had turbo failure.

Anyway Warranty very worth while plus timely Service History. Plus I am sure major issues (and more so the knock on effect) on modern cars are not just confined to Renaults.

I am afraid I am a bit of an Espace 'devotee' and although the experience I just had is not a good one I am still glad I will still be able to keep hold of this one - which I did,nt think would be possible 4 days ago.
Currently in ns.thomson's garage:
Rover in Garage, Grande Espace 2.2 Initiale on Drive
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome