Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic - Diesel - Servicing Information Wanted

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Renault - Scenic - Diesel - Servicing Information Wanted

Hi Folks,

Just purchased a 2002 Renault Scenic 1.9 dCi. Just sold my 1999 Scenic 1.6 16v, with 180k miles on clock - had from new. A great car, sorry to let it go.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any owners manaul (or service book) with the 1.9 dCi and need to get some info on service intervals including when to change the timing belt. There's 61k miles on clock and I don't think the belt has been changed.
Would appreciate any advice. Is there somewhere on the net where I can get a PDF of the manual, or somewhere to buy the hardcopy?
Haven't owned a deisel before, so I probably have a bit to learn.
One thing I'm slightly worried about - it drives fine but on the motorway I'm struggling to get past 60 mph in 5th gear. I might get it up to say 65 mph but if I'm going slightly uphill the speed drops a bit even though the accelerator is floored. In the lower gears around 30 or 40 mph it seems to be ok.

Currently in ledzep's garage:
2002 Renault Scenic 1.9 dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by ledzep
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1.9dCi - turbo boost? Engines madnoel10 5 1572 23rd May 2008 01:40 PM
Renault - Scenic - Diesel - Servicing Information... Cars & motoring ottoman 7 1745 10th January 2008 09:39 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome