Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the stupidest addition you've made to your car?

View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Well,I'm not sure I can compete with Horatio's many misadventures in car modifying or Hondos fresh air heater,but one thing does seem to stick in the back of my mind.

My second ever car was a rusty old Mk1 Fiesta,but it happened to be a rusty old 1.3 Ghia(Ooooooo.....Ghia!:rofl) with a twin choke Weber carb.It used to go like ~~~~,well it seemed to back then!.I decided to fit a pair of (very second hand) air horns to it to give it that rally car sound().Unfortunately the compressor that ran the horns was louder than the horns themselves and it took it's time in gathering enough puff to make a farting noise from them.

If I saw anyone I knew,I would give them a (what should have been) quick blast of them......but all it sounded like was a vibrator followed by small fart.......but hey,I thought I was cool.

Eventually the cable tie holding the compressor in place broke and my horns met a very sudden and messy end when they fell into the road and were squashed......

RIP my air horns.
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo

Last edited by Lagdti; 10th January 2008 at 10:47 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome