Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Heating problems creates more troubles*fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Heating problems creates more troubles*fixed*

Okay so I have a Renault Espace "S" reg which has been great right up until october last year at which point the entire heating system packed up, including the rear windscreen. Now Im inclined to believe its probably an earthing fault and knowing how hard they are to find and with christmas approaching i decided to battle bravely on through winter without any heater (brrrrr its been damn cold.) So christmas is over, and i ring round the usual suspects and they all tell me how expensive they are, how it will be on an hourly basis and how theres no guarantee they will find the problem. So Im an electronics engineer and I decide in my infinite wisdom the best solution is to just wire the fan straight thru a switch into the battery supply until I can win the lottery or rob a bank. Of course, locating the fan is a task in itself so I start stripping panels off. Eventually all is layed bare (sort of) for me to see and for some reason I now forget I decide to check it still starts which of course it doesnt. On closer inspection it looks like I have snapped the RFID loop in the ignition barrel (doh!).

So if anyone has any bright ideas on either my heating problem or my ignition loop feel free post here along with any relevant abuse for my stupidity. Thanks

5 Lastest Threads by chris7533
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Heating problems creates more troubles*fixed* Electronics ottoman 3 791 11th January 2008 11:23 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome