Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reverse sensor buzzer or controller faulty

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Reverse sensor buzzer or controller faulty

I have a 2.0idE Laguna Initiale.

When I engage reverse gear I get the low-pitch buzzer sound as is normal. This tells me the parking sensors are engaged along with reverse gear.

Now what SHOULD happen is that there is no noise until you get near to an object then an intermittent high-pitch sound that gets quicker as I get nearer until it is constant.

What I actually get is the original low-pitch buzzer followed by about 3 seconds of screechy buzzer noise, as if the signal to the buzzer is not a correct signal. Then no noise, even when I get near an object.

Now, if I get out of reverse and back in, there is no noise at all not even the initial low-pitch one. I have to stop and start the engine to get the any noise back.

All this makes me think there is something wrong with the control unit (assuming there is one) between the buzzer and the sensors.

Please can someone confirm if my thinking is along the right lines, and if so how I can remedy the situation???

Many many thanks.
Currently in FunkyMonkey's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.0iDE Initiale

Last edited by FunkyMonkey; 11th January 2008 at 02:59 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by FunkyMonkey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Reverse sensor buzzer or controller faulty Electronics Truckbusuk 7 4333 11th January 2008 02:58 PM
Laguna Coupe for 2008 and outher Coupes! Cars & motoring ottoman 3 798 14th November 2007 04:03 PM
Renault Laguna 2 - Judder When Idling Engines guicane 11 3492 26th September 2007 10:33 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome