Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1.2 8v 1997 - immobiliser receiver unit problem?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question 1.2 8v 1997 - immobiliser receiver unit problem?

Ok thanks to the help in the "Engine" forum I'm homing in on the issue with my wifes clio which basically looks like the immobiliser receiver unit could be faulty.

The journey so far....

No spark or fuel present but car turns over.

The immobiliser flashing light inside the car instead of going out actually starts to flash faster when key inserted.

The clio is a basic model so has NO keyless entry system or central door locking systems to confuse matters. Only the chip inside the static key. Oh and worth saying yes we have a spare key and it doesn't work with that either.

reading through some other immobiliser threads and after a quick call to Renault I'm thinking it could be a faulty receiver unit which sits over the ignition switch.

Questions I have are:

is anyway of proving this? and if not exactly what is the process for replacement?

Is this a dealer only job or can I buy a receiver unit and sync it with my old keys?

please if anyone can help I be very grateful

5 Lastest Threads by hawesa
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1.2 8v 1997 - immobiliser receiver unit problem? Electronics hawesa 12 2445 11th January 2008 03:01 PM
Clio 1.2 8v 1997 - No Spark, TDC Sensor cleaned... Engines hawesa 8 3656 11th January 2008 11:11 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome