Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Owners - K4J 730/732 - 1.4 Dymamique - Beware

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
first time in replying to a thread

hi to all !!!!

just reading the treads and i've had the same fault for a about a year now ......
it never got any better nor worse....

the car starts 99% first time and stalls....have resulted into
just giving it a bit of stick when starting ....

as for the the previous threads talking about rejecting the car its a waste of time unless it done in the first few days of ownership......

i have renault megane 2003 its my first and last brand new car....

The car developed a problem with the steering ... it was pulling to the right ....
i had the car back to the garage more than 10 time trying to solve the problem with no effect
the even drove it up to other garages to find the fault
they told me it was down to the camber of the road .....which i new that was a load of rubbish.

it got to me so bad that i picked a section of road to test this theory out......i drove down down one side then came back in the early hour and drove down the wrong side to settle my mind was the car not the road ...

i had the citizen advice involved who tested the car and found the same fault, who made a detailed report on it and sent it to renault customer services ....they didnt want to know .... they suggested to have an independent inspection on the car renault paid half towards the cost and i paid the other ......the full report came through and concluded that their was a fault but carefully worded it so they was not liable ........
i had meetings with the MD of the Reg Vardy about the car with no luck. they have no responsiblity in taking your car back its all with reault ...if they dont get the backing from them they cant do anything

as a last resort i went to a solicitor .... when he told me that because i have had the car for over a month then its technically mine i needed to reject the car within a certain time period and this period is not fixed or specified anywhere..... its a rule of thumb
choose which direction i decide to go quoting sales of goods act etc...the car is mine because of the time i had it

so the upshot of this is if you are going to reject a car it must be done within a few days of purchase.....

hope this help......
Currently in dicdoo's garage:
2003 Renault megane 1.4 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome