Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Remote central Locking wont work HELP

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Remote central Locking wont work HELP

Hi all, I'm pretty new to all this but I will try my best at describing my problem.
We went a week ago to look at a renault Laguna W reg 2000 I think, and my partner and me really liked it, My partner took it for a spin and everything was fine on it, The remote central locking even worked. (He did have to bring out some weird battery which he hooked up to the car battery to get it working though, as the car battery was dead)
Before we could buy it the car needed a new Manifold and also a back wheel bearing and as it had done over 100,000 miles we also demanded a new cam belt in there. So after alot of messing about with them getting the wrong manifold, a week later it was ready and we went to pick it up.
it started first time no problems and we drove it home about half a mile! Then when we got it back on the drive I started it up and suddenly the digital display which keeps an eye on how many miles your clocking up wont light up, and then the remote central locking wont work and it wont central lock when I put the key in the door, However it did does central lock when i press the fancy little button inside the car. Now all of a sudden the car wont start, I think the battery is dead ! My main concern is, If we get a new battery will this bring the car back to life? Did the remote central locking not work because the car battery had little energy left in it? but if thats the case then why woudl the central lokcing work from inside the car? does it require more energy from the car battery to remote central lock??

PLZZ Help!!

Last thing we have had the new Manifold installed and it still sounds rather clunky, we were told it just needs to break in and get used to the car, is that right???

thanks for all your help guys
  5 Lastest Threads by DragonKnight1920
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna - Engine sound rather clunky!! Engines RobB 7 1022 11th January 2008 09:17 PM
Remote central Locking wont work HELP Electronics DragonKnight1920 7 1621 11th January 2008 06:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome