Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio mk 2, bearings, wheel cylinder

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th February 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
clio mk 2, bearings, wheel cylinder

more problems with my clio. i love it when this stuff happens....NOT!
had a noise from the rear right wheel, bearings gone, bought new bearing from eurocarparts, removed hub, took hub and bearing and 15 to local mechanic. asked mech to remove old bearing and press in new bearings. he did this. i looked at the bearing and fiddled with it a little. the inside ring came off, is this normal. i thought it would be ok so i fitted the hub, wheel, nuts and tightened. drove a little way and the car started to wobble. called rac and the mech told me the bearings were not fitted properly. i have done this job myself before with no problem. i dont know what went wrong this time. could i have fitted the hub incorrectly? i pressed the hub all the way on, tightened pretty tight with breaker bar. it scared the crap out of me when it started to wobble, 60mph down the motorway, not the best place i know.

so i have removed the hub, bought a new bearing and taking the hub to a different mech. i will ask him some stuff about fitting. question, should i blast the old mech, who did my dodgy bearing, on the internet.

i have a wheel cylinder that i have to replace as the wheel cylinder is leaking. i am going to replace the breaks as well. i am having a hard time loosening the nut that connects the brake hose to the cylinder. i have seen on youtube that people use a certain type of spanner to remove it. like a ring spanner, with a gap in the ring to get onto the nut. this is so it wont round off the nut. how can i get this nut off, and i have a metal tube for a brake hose, how can i clamp this so brake fluid doesnt go everywhere? i have looked at videos but they have rubber hoses which are easy to clamp. i was thinking about getting a mobile mechanic to come round and change it but i dont whether he would as i have done most of the work myself so he wont get as much.

any advice would be great

Currently in poewrboy's garage:
clio 1.2, 8v, mk2, 2002, yellow
  5 Lastest Threads by poewrboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
battery charged, indicator lit, relay clicks but... Electronics Rone 5 194 11th July 2016 11:41 PM
car not starting, battery ok, no starter sound Electronics twodogs 1 175 24th May 2016 08:33 PM
clio authentique, problem fitting brake shoes Brakes/Hubs Dancingdad 66 2772 6th March 2016 10:16 AM
brake type, not sure of break type clio Brakes/Hubs Phil48 1 239 1st March 2016 03:49 PM
clio mk 2, bearings, wheel cylinder Brakes/Hubs ours2012 5 324 29th February 2016 11:18 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome