Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Selwonk's next mottah?

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Avantime Values

Originally Posted by lagdti
Do Avantimes hold there value or do they depriciate badly?.I don't think I've ever seen one on the road,let alone for sale!
For a car that cost c.£28k in 2002, you can now pick up a good lowish mileage one for around £10k - £11k. That's a residual value of c.39% which I guess isn't bad for a 4 year old car (read Renault!). I think the value also has to do with it's rarity - about 8,000 sold in France and 400 sold in the UK. There's some debate about whether it's a classic - best one I read was:

"The Avantime is seen as a future classic in a similar way as the Citroen ID/DS. However, the ID/DS was produced over a 22 year run whilst the Avantime was more like 22 months!"

Personally, I just think it's a typical quirky Matra product - it was the last they made and effectively shut them down. As such, it will always attract typically quirky buyers (c'est moi, n'est ce pas?). Anyone got a Bagheera or a Murena?

Courage, mon brave!

Currently in SykeStudiO's garage:
Renault Avantime Privilege V6 Auto -- Jaguar XJR V8 S/charged -- Honda Civic Type-R -- Honda Beat
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome