Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the stupidest addition you've made to your car?

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2008 Thread Starter
wobbly spoon
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lagdti View Post
Well,I'm not sure I can compete with Horatio's many misadventures in car modifying or Hondos fresh air heater,but one thing does seem to stick in the back of my mind.

My second ever car was a rusty old Mk1 Fiesta,but it happened to be a rusty old 1.3 Ghia(Ooooooo.....Ghia!:rofl) with a twin choke Weber carb.It used to go like ~~~~,well it seemed to back then!.I decided to fit a pair of (very second hand) air horns to it to give it that rally car sound().Unfortunately the compressor that ran the horns was louder than the horns themselves and it took it's time in gathering enough puff to make a farting noise from them.

If I saw anyone I knew,I would give them a (what should have been) quick blast of them......but all it sounded like was a vibrator followed by small fart.......but hey,I thought I was cool.

Eventually the cable tie holding the compressor in place broke and my horns met a very sudden and messy end when they fell into the road and were squashed......

RIP my air horns.
Love the story, made me smile and reminded me of a set of air horns that i had completely forgotten about, they were red if memory serves and were fed compressed air by a small black barrel shaped jobby that squeezed about as much air out as a hedghog breaking wind, they tooted quite loudly if you gave the button a quick 'pap' but anything longer resulted in a loud parp which tailed off to a wheez...i too thought they were the dogs...oh dear how sad! never mind eh?
Currently in wobbly spoon's garage:
Renault Espace mark 3 2.2 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome