Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Owners - K4J 730/732 - 1.4 Dymamique - Beware

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ok so i finally managed to take the car to the garage and they said to me it might be the tdc sensor.
after they tested it the found out the best thing to replace is tye cambelt sensor which so far so good. cost me 88 from a renault garage but in all fairness if you know where this sensor is then you could get the part for approx 28 and do it yourself (just need someone to rest the service light) failing this if the car messes up again they said its going to be the cembelt defuser (spelling) which done by a renault garage will cost approx 600 however this is because they have to replace items such as the cambelt and they also said depending on the year and millage of the car that renault would pay a small contribution to the costs. i would guess at around 10%-15% so not alot. Anyway fingers crossed it stays ok! good luck to anyone else out there with the same problem. happy driving
Currently in bennyc's garage:
2003 Renault megane 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome