Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 05 Megane CC - roof mechanism fault

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2016
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 05 Megane CC - roof mechanism fault

Originally Posted by annaba View Post

I have just returned from the garage, I was getting a new starter put in and also - I was getting a error reading of Injector fault , so had that fixed. The problem is that I just got the car back and now it has a new fault . "roof mechanism fault " . The roof will not open and there is a beeping sound that is there now. What has happened ? I m going to bring the car back today as this must have happened when they were fixing the other problems ? any advice ??? Thanks
hi have you fixed car yet if not a few points that might help you. do all windows go down, if not then this is your first port of call, these renault window modules are totally rubbish i've replace loads of them, ebay best option if your faulty but make sure you put proper renault replacement ones and not the cheap 10 ones that dont have soft touch and snap your cables or worse. is there any other warnings up on dash board and random lights working or not working even fan on heater can go random or just not work at all. this i have found to be caused by the UCH bcm module that lives behind the glove box this also works the windows lights abs airbags brakes pretty much everything is linked to this box,, they suffer when car has leaked or is not used much it can get wet or damp and do loads of random stuff like the final closure of roof that is linked to windows and where they are up or down etc.. i use a delphi platform to scan roofs and all the other components because its very complicated and its all linked its the only way. you need someone to do a full diagnostics on your car, renault clip or delphi will do the job,, the uch is encoded to your car and a number of other components ecu the key card etc so cant just swap it out, the ecu for the roof can be as long as the hash numbers are the same for year or car,, ie a 2006 should only fit a 2006 replacement.. if uch is faulty there is a guy on ebay that repairs them 89 that the best option if it is that,, if car has a number of electrical faults it will prob be that module, get it scanned to be sure, another point there are cables behind the carpet sides in boot these can snap and cause issues like boot wont open and shelf wont fold correctly. there is also two sensors in car behind rear plastics that when faulty can stop roof working when moving rarely go wrong. like i said get it scanned its the only way so much to go wrong
Currently in mike1967's garage:
buy repair renaults
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome