Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio brake proplem

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 2nd March 2016
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 30 Times in 26 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 1,609 Times in 1,300 Posts
Re: Clio brake proplem

Originally Posted by bernieyorks View Post
There was no vibration in the pedal. I know what that feels like ; whichever way I come home in snow involves going down a steep hill and that always triggers the ABS. It can take days for gritters to get round on minor roads here. Actually I normally try to get into first and hardly use the brakes and let the engine and transmission slow the car down in snow. People who live at low altitude and not in hilly areas probably rarely experience this problem, if at all.
The ABS may have been working normally but the car seemed slow to stop and there seemed a lot of pedal travel. All this took place in a matter of seconds so its difficult to difficult to "reconstruct" it.

When was the last time the brake fluid was changed.
That, from your symptoms, sound as though your brake fluid is at the end of its life...
Problems with mot, the brakes only have to perform at a certain level,, test figures entered,, and the computer says yes, or no,, ..

I think, aesthetically, car design is so interesting - the dashboards, the steering wheels, and the beauty of the mechanics. I don't know how any of it works, I don't want to know,
Currently in ours2012's garage:
My Baby ( or the shed on wheels )Laguna 2 estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome