Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Highest Mileage Car.. post your mileage

View Single Post
post #147 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by deksman View Post
well i have a R reg laguna 18 sport that has done 165 600 and up to now is still going strong ,change the oil regular and dont drive like a idiot and the engine should go for a long time !!
You've got it right deksman. Regular oil & filter changes are the key & sane driving. When you're paying for your own fuel, tyres & maintenance it's a no-brainer. My 94 Espace has covered 169,000 miles although when I got it at 130,000 it came with receipts for a 3000+ engine rebuild at 80,000.
It's quite tired inside, especially the drivers seat, but earns it's keep as a small van doing favours for family & friends. With regular oil /filter changes,( & a new cambelt to make sure when I got it), the engine still runs sweetly & willingly. I've replaced other parts -rad, steering rack(hard work) the usual tyres,battery but no more than with other cars I've owned.
I've always bought well used cars -avoiding the cost of depreciation - the lowest mileage car I ever had was a Maestro with just 34,000 on the clock. A one-owner trade-in from a local garage with a lot of minor issues hence the 'bargain' price of 300 secured a run around for my wife.The previous owner had been the proverbial 'little old man' who only used the car for trips to the local hospital for his outpatient appointments -the car was littered with hospital car park tickets. Despite only being used for shopping trips around the local area this was a most unreliable car. The locks fell apart with normal use. CV joints seemed to need replacing every MOT. Rust came through at the seams due to poor quality build. My wife loved it though & cried when some idiot stole it!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome