Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace 2.2DCi 140 Dynamique

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Just found out that the Espace is in the G, the highest road tax band . 300 a year with the prospect of large increases to come.

Discussed it with the dealer and decided that I would not purchase after all. (The prospect of engine failure and general reliability problems didn't help)

Dealer says that he will not return my deposit (500) as he has spent 600 on preparation of the vehicle (300 on service and 300 on tyres). I have made the point that he would have to spend this any way to make a sale which could be next week!

At the time of my first interest in the car I was asked to leave a "holding deposit"as many people would be interested. now I am told that they might not be able to sell the vehicle for six months and have to trade it on.

I am in London the dealer is in Derby, I have not seen the vehicle in the flesh, they have not seen my trade in.

It could be argued that I should have done my home work a bit more throughly, but even the salesman was suprised at the Espace's G band.
Currently in eagle8's garage:
1998 espace 2.0 rtx auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome