Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lack of confidence in brakes

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Hello & welcome to the forums Lil Mo ,

I had similar problems on my 05 Scenic II 1.6 from the first few hundred miles.

Excessive brake pedal travel at times.

Brake pedal would on occasion go right to the floor but braking still there then a soft touch of the pedal would bring you up sharply, quite alarming at times.

Brake pad wear seemed excessive on one corner but car did not pull in any direction.

The rear right brake pad was not seated against the disc properly.

They bled the brakes on numerous occasions and removed air from the system on one visit.

They changed the master cylinder but the problem persisted.

The Brake servo works differently on a diesel than petrol a servo problem would give you a very hard pedal.

I had an independent test done on the braking system and the test showed that the brakes would pass an M.O.T test but that there was a problem with pedal travel .

They did resolve the problem but i never found out what was the cause of the problem or the solution.

I have heard of a number of Scenic IIs with this erratic excessive pedal travel problem.

Contact Renault Customer services and get your issue logged with them, Email them via their website and follow it up with a phone call in the morn.

Copy and paste your email reply, Have all the times dates names etc of who you have spoken todate with on this issue keep a log of all calls etc .

Contact your leasing company and notify them of the issues you have with the car.

Very difficult to drive a car with inconsistent braking in this weather very difficult to feather a pedal

Last edited by ottoman; 15th January 2008 at 12:36 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome