Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 Dynamique - starting problems !

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by virtual_analog View Post
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

The RAC man who called when the car first stopped starting diagnosed the problem with the Throttle sensor by plugging a laptop into the car and the diagnostic program he had found the fault.
He cleared this from the car's computer hoping it would allow the car to start so I could drive it to Wests garage.
After he'd done this, when I turned the key, the light came on again so when he plugged the laptop in again, the same fault appeared (which we left on so Wests could detect the fault.)
What happened this morning is beyond me - it tells me there's a fault (light on the dash) and refuses to rev above 2000rpm = this should have generated a fault on the Engine Management System.
Why would the car start perfectly (with NO warning lights on the dash and revving well above 2000 rpm) when the tow-truck arrived????
Hi did you get this problem sorted as I have also been having this same problem the garage tells me its a Throttle Sensor they might be able to recondition still waiting on update my problems have been starts in the morning but has got no excellaration have to restart to get going, stalls at roundabouts and junctions this is intermittent and very frustrating I hope this is not the Throttle sensor as this is going to cost a lot of money if it cant be recond'
Currently in kevtc1234's garage:
2001 RENAULT CLIO 1.2 16V Dynamique 3dr Hatchback
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome