Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Got my new Scenic!

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
O.K. folks, sportstourer is right as far as the alarm goes, one press car locks and activates alarm. Two quick presses locks car with deadlocks, alarm and window closure. (dependant of model) The window closure is a brilliant feature, my mrs is an expert at leaving her window open, now its not an issue i just press the button twice!
I have proved this today by twice setting off alarm by only pressing once, first time dog in car activated alarm, second time was window left open.

So its down to the card shuffling to deactivate sensors.

rencar12, in answer to your questions, my car was a 7 week factory order which took us to around 20th Feb. i decided to wait extra 10 days to get an 06 plate. My car was a factory order as i specced an option that was factory fit only,the sliding consol.If you have ordered the privilege then its part of the spec anyway.I am finding the autobox very good, only done around 120miles so far, but very pleased. The changes are very smooth indeed and the manual option is another great toy! As for electric h/brake i think it's very good also. Not sure what you mean about not having to apply it as often due to the auto?? I am aware if you are a bit soft with a manual then you can stall ie handbrake won't go off, with auto obviously it's not an issue you just drive off. The only time it switches itself on is if you switch car off without applying, it automatically switches it on. Another good safety one is the fact you need to press the foot brake to move gears out of park. I think it is a very clever safety point, it stops the kids trying to move the gears etc.
Currently in bigdavy's garage:
2006 Scenic 2 1.6 VVti Auto Dynamique and a 1976 Jaguar XJ6.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome