Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where is my central locking sensor?!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Where is my central locking sensor?!

Hi guys,
Sorry for bringing up a topic which has been done a thousand times but I can't find the specific piece of info I'm after!

I have a 2000 clio mkII, and you may be shocked to hear this but my sunroof has started leaking! My central locking via my remote control key has stopped working but when in the car I can press the button just above the gear stick and the car locks fine.

My question is, where is my sensor which receives the signal from my key? I have read about it being just below the ariel however when I remove that unit there is nothing there except for the light. Where else would it be? Is it built into that button near the gear stick which has a red light at the top and a little car picture at the bottom?

For a complete car novice like me it's pretty scary that I have removed the seats,carpets and most of the interior trim to find a leak and now I can find this sensor!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  5 Lastest Threads by thefangler
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Where is my central locking sensor?! Electronics Lagdti 10 2419 14th January 2008 04:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome