Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Twingo owner

Thread: Twingo owner
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi dorin,

I can advise on the car and buying if you are in the UK. But I think you are elsewhere? You might want to try the twingoloversclub yahoo group/mailing list.

Here I will talk about the classic Twingo (1992-2006).

The original model (1992-1997) was quite basic, but set the precedent and design. The second major revision (1998-2006) introduced a restyling and better features. The car was updated every two years throughout it's lifespan.

Generally, it is as reliable as a Clio of the same age - mechanically they are almost identical - even down to the 1998 issue of both cars featuring problems with the airbag light becoming problematic. But generally they are very reliable cars, with few problems and a great support community. If you treat the car right it will last a long time.

The Twingo 1.2 16V model (2001-2006) is more economical and the refinements that came with that model make it the best version, in my opinion. I would avoid older models, and especially the Easy version with it's semi-automatic gearbox.

I looked long and hard before buying, finally settling on a limited edition model that had all the features I required and for a good price. All my research was done online.

Feel free to ask more questions! I have lots of links, some in English, others in French and German. I can send them to you.

ps: I see you drive a Matiz - to an untrained eye it looks quite like a Twingo - Daewoo even borrowed some design elements/idea from the Twingo.
Currently in twingo's garage:
2001 Twingo 16V "Green Fee"

Last edited by twingo; 14th January 2008 at 04:16 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome