Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Questions And Advice

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Ivor_E_Tower
MoT on my Galaxy

Interesting thread... today my other car, the Galaxy went for a service and MoT. I asked for the front anti-roll bar drop links to be changed and supplied the parts (these are a know weakness on the Galaxy). The garage did the MoT before doing the service or any other work, and failed the car on the drop links (grr, this goes down on its record and I knew they needed changing before the test) and also for
my RNLI sticker adjacent to the tax disc, lower nearside corner, and the tax disc is as close to the corner as I can get it, the RNLI sticker, now removed, was immediately to the side). This is about 3 inches square and has been on the car for at least the past 3 MoT's, all carried out by the same garage (and at last last years was done by the same tester). Reason was that it was over 40mm into the swept area (but it was last year,and the year before, and the year before that).

So has the rule on windscreen visibility changed?

What is really annoying is that I am tall and have the seat raised. The sticker was not obstructing my visibility at all yet I get picked up for this. In the winter I see dozens of people driving without clearing frost or snow off their windscreens yet they get away with it, and it's far more dangerous.
Currently in Ivor_E_Tower's garage:
2014 Captur dCi EDC; 2014 Ka 1.2 Zetec; 2015 C-Max 1.6 TDCI

Last edited by Ivor_E_Tower; 14th January 2008 at 08:16 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome