Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dead satnav screen...

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Gogslad View Post
Ok, i'm 99.9999999999999999999999999% certain that it's going to be the screen, why am i so certain, coz i'v popped one myself on a customers car using a booster pack, it cost my company a lot of dosh and i've still got the footprint on my , that was two years ago and i will have the footprint for a few years yet, a suggestion might be to befriend some nice guy or gal on this forum, who stays in your area, convince them possibly with a couple of glasses of talisker, that it would be a good idea to give you a shot of their sat nav screen, and Bob is yer mothers brother.

And if you move house, change phone number etc, save yerself 1100 smackers!
Sorry to hear your experience I haven't got back to the garage yet, partly because he's built like a brick sh!t house but its also my word against his. Figured within a week would be ok - he saw the screen was dead when I drove it off.

Managed to get a quote for 158 for just the screen off a workshop with a 90 days warranty - might just buy that and cross fingers. Is it just an in and out job? puffsorted also found a full vel satis kit on ebay but that could go for up to 500 even though its got all the boxes, screen and climate control panel (!).

Things may be looking up!!!

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome