Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 53 Scenic dash failure*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Ok. The dash panel has now been replaced by Renault dealer at cost to me (although will be fighting this with RCS ).

My problem now is that the dealer has recorded the mileage in the book from the old dash, which at time of replacing was 178k. True mileage of the car is 89k. Luckily we had a service (not Renault) a week or so before the problem occurred, and so after an hour of protest they have agreed if we can prove the mileage they will change the record.

I'm still fuming that the dealer manager could not see my point on reflecting the true mileage. He could not understand, no matter how I explained, that by recording 178k he has all but reduced the value of my car to scrap metal. He even said that when I came to sell it, I could just explain the situation to a buyer - would you believe me if I said "mileage is recorded at 178k as per the Renault official stamp, but its actually 89k honest!"

Strangely, since the new dash was fitted heater speeds 2 & 4 have come back to life (previously not working) which Renault assured me "after extensive diagnosis" could only be corrected at cost of 400 (I had assumed the 50p thermal fuse to be the problem). Bonus for me, but justifies the lack of confidence I have in them!

Also, they asked why I did not have a service with Renault - and I quote "a service with us would help maintain the value of your car" - queue this reaction from me:

Had I have stayed any longer it would have taken a very good surgeon a couple of hours to retrieve the "quality assured" plaque of his desk, from where the sun don't shine!

NB: Digital mileage correction - have received quotes ranging from 150-250
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome