Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - Replacement key w/central locking button

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have a 2002 Clio II Expression and since I collected it from the Renault dealership on Wednesday after MOT the remote central locking hasn't worked. The red light on the key fob lights up fine, and I took it back to see what the problem might be and they changed the battery but it still didn't work. The key man is off sick and they're closing at the end of the month so he advised me to either find my spare key or take it to the dealership in another town.

I have now found my spare key (after having been unable to go anywhere since then as although I can lock the back doors from the inside, and the passenger door with the key in the door, the drivers side and boot remain open!) but the spare key doesn't work either.

Should I go to the dealership again? The fact that the spare key no longer works too makes me think it's something on the car and not the key, and also because it worked fine before the MOT makes me think perhaps it's something they've done? I'm a student and really cannot afford to pay for something that was their fault!
Currently in Laura44's garage:
2002 Renault Clio II Expression 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome