Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Deactivate seat belt warning alarm

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Originally Posted by mitcheg View Post
Within five, and I do mean five seconds of sitting in my seat and starting the engine, if the car is moving or not, the seatbelt alarm goes off. During the seconds when I'm scrabbling for the belt, in the garage, stationary, in the dark, I HATE the car. Twice a day I hate the otherwise lovely car. Do you remeber that scene in Faulty Towers where Sybil phones up Basil from the hostpital to tell him to put the mooses head up and he screams" I'm doing it! 'I'm doing it you stupid woman!!! You've called me up to tell me to do something I'm already DOING" . They should swap the beep and put in a voice sythesiser of Sybil Faulty.

Renault told me it can be reprogrammed but they cannot do it due to liability issues which seems to make sense. But here in Zurich, Swizerland, the Lagunas here beep almost immediately moving or not.

I understand this issue. I'm 42. I do rock climbing. I risk my life and limb every day crossing the road and somehow I manage to stay alive! Beeping alerts on seatbelts are for people who need to be told knives are for external use only. Needless to say I do wear my seatbelt. And I like wearing it...
Could be that the local laws require such a device - you could ask renault if they can programme so there is a delay
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome