Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - central locking on 98 clio

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking central locking on 98 clio

ive had the car 24 hours and my renault views are being destroyed been in the garage 2day but they only managed to fix the mechanical problems and being a student i cant afford to go to renault.

my central locking works on the center console and my key fob is giving a good reading at the garage so im hoping it is the reciver and not to expensive. as of this morning the central locking is desiding when it wants to open and close and i can be driving along with it opening or closing. as well as sometimes not being able to get in my car manually because the locking system locks the door as i go to open it ... very frustrating lol.

just wanted to know if it sounds like the reciver and if so how can i remove the reciver, managed to get as far as removing the interior light as im not very electrical minded on cars hehe :P

please please please om on bended knee asking for help before i resort to ripping my hair out and going to renault for what probably is a simple job, thanks in advance :P amanda xx

p.s does anyone know the part number for the clio recivers read on here that they are about 38 + vat but cant find the thread it is on now i need it lol. thanks for taking the time to read all!!!
Currently in manda1658's garage:
1998 clio mk2 1.2 :)
  5 Lastest Threads by manda1658
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
clio 1998 wheels :) Wheels & tyres ottoman 4 1062 10th April 2008 12:57 AM
central locking on 98 clio Electronics manda1658 9 1486 15th January 2008 01:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome