Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to install electric mirrors on Renault Clio MK2?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 7th March 2016
Jack Kangoo
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: How to install electric mirrors on Renault Clio MK2?

I have just fitted electric door mirrors to my 2005 Kangoo which had manual mirrors.
I first had to get a wiring diagram as the main loom was wired up to the door frame but not in the doors.I gt a s/h switch and panel,the connector was sitting behind the old panel doing nothing,just plugged it in.
I took out the connectors and drilled a hole through both parts carefully so not damaging existing wiring,then cut and soldered the relevant wires for the mirror motor and heated mirror,(I got 2 motors off ebay for 15)
There is one wire for the up/down and one for the left/right and one for the common wire.
By the way the motors just screw back in the same place as the old manual one was and the heated mirror just clips back on,the heated part works off of the rear windscreen heating switch,already wired up too,and also the wires for the Temp on the passenger side if you need that too.
Fairly simple to do but awkward because of lack of space.
I do have one small issue at the moment and that is the drivers mirror only goes up and in,I tried both motors but in the passenger side it is fine,not sure of the answer for that at present.
I replied to this as the clio and kangoo wiring are very similar
Currently in Jack Kangoo's garage:
2005 Renault Kangoo 1.5dci Authentique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome