Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sinking Pedal - Brake Bleeding

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sinking Pedal - Brake Bleeding

There are countless threads across the interweb regarding this issue but I am hoping the right person reads this and can give a definitive answer.

My brakes were previosuly alot spongeier than any other vehicle ive owned and the pedal would sink to the floor over time.
I recently changed my front brake pads and they have gotten a little worse.
  • I have bled all four calipers starting with furthest from the master-cylinder and there is definitly no air in the lines.
  • I have bled the master cylinder.
  • I ensured the load sensor valve for the rear brakes was open.
  • I have check that the servo is working correctly and the valve also works fine.
I have read all kinds of reasons, excuses and theories about this issue but never found a solution.

It has to be a fault because freinds with the exact same van have firm brakes with lots more feeling when you are breaking. I dont find it safe that the pedal slowly sinks but will only gain some pressure if pumped.

I am also reluctant to say there is any problems with my master cylinder and people use it as an excuse more times than it is a fault because as i have come across this same issue before on my mums Audi (who has learnt to live with it) and we changed the master cylinder and bled the thing to death with no change.

The most logical possible solution I have read about is traped air in the ABS unit. I have read only a couple of posts were people describe the use of diagnostic software to trigger the ABS solinoid to bleed it. I am not sayig this will be the exact same case but I am wondering if anyone has experience of doing this and if the Renault Clip software has this feature?

I would take it to the dealer if i knew the issue would be 100% solved but the articles ive read dont seem to imply that would be the case.

Thanks for reading.

Too Long Didnt Read - Why does my pedal sink after the correct bleeding process?
Currently in BloB3rt's garage:
2007 Trafic SL27 DCi100
  5 Lastest Threads by BloB3rt
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Quick favor from a trafic owner Electronics twodogs 5 289 8th March 2016 07:35 PM
Sinking Pedal - Brake Bleeding Brakes/Hubs ours2012 15 841 8th March 2016 03:30 PM
Electronic Fault - No Codes? Electronics ours2012 6 232 7th March 2016 02:31 PM
iCarSoft i907 Vs Renault Clip? Electronics BloB3rt 0 390 5th March 2016 12:28 PM
My Trafic Problems Electronics BloB3rt 2 214 5th March 2016 12:06 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome