Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Radio not powered but central Dash display on 24/7?

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Fixed!!!

Woo Hoo!

I didn't get as far as going to the dealer or disconnecting the battery. Instead I got the radio out using a Heath-robinson affair involving four 2" nails and a screwdriver which is not as bad as it sounds. The wiring block connector with the solid black wire is the one with the power and I simply pulled it out and plugged it back in again leaving me with a proper display asking for the CODE.

It's not the easiest code input system in the worl, or rather, it's not intuitive - get the manual out - but it took about 30 minutes including figuring out how to remove the radio, finding the code and running in and out of the house to get each next step sorted.

Interestingly enough, the light on the speedo went off while driving in the dark a couple of nights ago. The small icons stayed on and the headlights were fine. Once the engine was restarted it all came back. From what my wife tells me, this isn't the first time it's done this recently.

The only thing I can think of is that the mechanics have nudged something when they did the first service - about 3 weeks before the radio went.
Currently in peterandmhairi's garage:
Megane CC 1.9DCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome