Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio authentique, problem fitting brake shoes

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2016
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 30 Times in 26 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 1,609 Times in 1,300 Posts
Re: clio authentique, problem fitting brake shoes

The lever inside your drum, must go to its stop, (piece of metal on the lever stops the lever going any farther back this will make contact with the brake shoe ). If this is now on its stop, then you can use the knurled adjuster to adjust your brake shoes,( the adjuster just below the wheel cylinder).
Then, you can adjust your handbrake cable, to remove any freeplay in the handbrake..
If that lever does not go back, then you must undo your hand brake cable adjuster,,
If you have not found the adjuster, you need to lower one side of the heat shield, above the exhaust , to get at the adjuster, which is in the middle of the car,

Otherwise, everything you have done, ( to put it bluntly) will be a waste of time.

I think, aesthetically, car design is so interesting - the dashboards, the steering wheels, and the beauty of the mechanics. I don't know how any of it works, I don't want to know,
Currently in ours2012's garage:
My Baby ( or the shed on wheels )Laguna 2 estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome