Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #169 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Hi Jamesy - you say it is a load of old rubbish - I was merely pointing out what the government said on the issue of xenon lights. If you chose to ignore it thats OK. But in the event of an accident insurers could get pernickety and refuse to pay out - and who could blame them especially where someone decides to flout the law. In all honesty they would have my wholehearted support. Furthermore you state you are not bothered if its legal or not - in other words it appears you are prepared to flout the law. This is extremely unfair to us law abiding motorists who each have to cough up an extra 30 a year on out insurance for those who willfully decide to bend the rules. In total this costs the UK motorist a total of 360 million per year - money which could be spent on much better things Im sure you'll agree. Maybe better hospital treatment for a favourite friend or relative for instance.
Xenon lamps may give the driver of the car to which they are fitted a better and safer view of the road but unless they are fitted with a self-levelling device every other motorist is liable to get blinded evry time you drive over the slightest rise or fall in the road surface. But then again if you are not bothered as to whether they are legal or not maybe you just don't have the safety of other in mind when you drive the roads in darkness. It must be remembered that proper xenon lamps give out much more light therefore there has to be some means of prevent glare to other drivers. Thank goodness I don't have to use the same roads as you. Also parking you car and shining the lights against the wall sounds like a very scientific means of judging your lights are OK
Many thanks for you somewhat skewed comments - I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time - keep the jokes coming
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome