Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic '05 1.9 Dci - battery drain and key problem

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Battery drain on Scenic 11

I drive a 54 plate Scenic 11 1.6 and I have exactly the same problems. Mine started last June when the car would not unlocked itself. A series of electrical faults continued all linked to a flat battery. Six times I called the AA and between them disconnected the door lights which came on for no reason. The main instrument panel came on for no reason, the doors would unlock themselves when parked at night even when I had locked the car and had got the hands free key in my pocket in the house. All the AA people said it was battery drain and once they had jump started things would be fine for a while, until the next time I got in my car and the battery was flat. Nothing is left switched on in the car when parked. In the last 2 weeks the auto parking warning light has been permanently lit on the instrument panel with the message SERVICE
The local Renault garage refused to recognise there was such a fault. At the moment my car is in the local Renault dealer, they phoned me today with a clutch linkage fault and a dead cell on the battery which I don't believe. I shall keep you all posted as to the outcome of my visit to the garage when I collect my car. Needless to say this all happens just outside the manufacturers warrenty but started when within it.

Till the next time, Paul
Currently in paulwalker's garage:
54 plate 1.6 Scenic 11
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome