Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna - Navteq CD

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

ok, so Renault agreed to replace the Navteq DVD. This made sense - I had the original disk which was scratched and I therefore had the license rights so they replaced it - normally about 300 I believe for V27. Given the hassle I had, I decided to copy it and use the backup in the car. Again this was new territory given that the CDs are in UDF format. I thought it might be useful to share this info;
Get hold of a trial version of NERO V8 from Nero – leading digital media solutions for consumers and professionals - Official website.
After installing, take the option to copy a DVD.
I think that it is important that under the options menu, you ensure that you change the Burn write speed from Max to 2.4x. I also took the option to save the image to the hard disk.
Start the copy to start the burn process. Once you have copied the original, make sure you use DVD R blank disk ( with about GB8.5 of available space ) to copy back to - don't use DVD RW. You can select to verify that the original image and the copy are in synch.
Then off you go with the backup CD in you motor - any problems, amke another copy.

I hope this is useful info
Currently in Carminatman's garage:
2006 Renault Laguna 2.2 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome