Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Interior Lights not self dimming ?

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2008
Psychic Snowboarder
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Interior Light Dimming Fixed

Well done that man you deserve a medal!! It makes a refreshing change to deal with straight talking, no nonsense people rather than the “you’ll have to bring it in and we’ll have a look at it” attitude.
Your step by step descriptions and photos worked a treat and saved me a load of money.
I couldn’t believe that such an annoying problem could be caused by such a simple thing.
Once again thank you very much it worked like a dream and has once and for all stopped annoying me.
In fact I don’t think I’m on my own if I admit to fixing it and sitting in the car, turning all the interior lights back on to door activation mode and just opening and closing the door a dozen or so times.
The solution detailed on this post worked a treat but I came up with what I think (and used) was a ready made fix. The clip off a pen lid is exactly the right size and in most cases they even have the little bump on the end to push against the little micro switch as the original does.
Also it advises that thin card should be used when you have to put the key card into the slot to aid the glue drying (so the glue doesn’t stick to the key card) I used cling film instead as it is a lot thinner and enabled me to get a better position on of the pen lid clip once glued. Also if any of the glue did stick to the cling film it wouldn’t obstruct the key card slot.
Currently in Psychic Snowboarder's garage:
Laguna II Sports Tourer 1.8 16v Dynamiqué
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome