Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Door Light Got A Mind Of Its Own

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2008 Thread Starter
Psychic Snowboarder
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II Door Light Got A Mind Of Its Own

Please could someone help?
My 2001 Laguna II has developed a little problem and itís bugging me to death!!
The driverís courtesy door light (the red and white one on the bottom corner of the door) is temperamental and only works when it wants. This in its self isnít a massive problem but at night when you open the door (when the door light isnít working) the interior cab lights donít realise the door is open and donít come on. Also when the door light isnít working it doesnít register that the door is open on the little car diagram on the dash.
Iíve been reading some threads about micro switches in the doors but non are very clear and donít really advise me how to check (but I might have missed a few). Im thinking that this could just be a loose connection to the switch area or a micro switch thatís on its way out.
Any help, instructions and/or diagrams would be massively appreciated.

Cheers Very Much
Currently in Psychic Snowboarder's garage:
Laguna II Sports Tourer 1.8 16v Dynamiquť
  5 Lastest Threads by Psychic Snowboarder
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fitting SAT NAV to 51reg Tourer Electronics Psychic Snowboarder 4 1427 23rd January 2008 02:29 PM
Laguna II Door Light Got A Mind Of Its Own Electronics Donald 1 754 17th January 2008 08:39 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome