Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Remote Central Locking Fault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Renault Laguna 1 - Remote Central Locking Fault

Hi Guys,

Im sure your all sick of hearing the same problem but i will share mine, hope some of you can shead some light on this.

Car- Renault Laguna RT Sport 1.6 S reg 1998 hatchback -

I bought the car off my brother about 7 months ago. The car is running brilliantly and has been since I bought it. When he sold it me he told me you will have to lock the doors from the inside on the central locking button near the handbrake. He told me he replaced the batteries and never worked since, common problem the internet tells me.

Until about last week ive been putting up with it but because its a family car its just not good enough. I took it to my local dealer which was "pocklingtons" in louth.

I sat about for 30 mins and got a call from the advisor. He told me the car central locking is working and its all done. Paid 30 and went on my way, went into the car park plipped the button and it worked, got into the car drove 15 miles home, got out the car plipped it and it never worked.

I rang the renault dealer as soon as i got in and they told me its the key(even though the LED still lights) and i would have to order one over the phone. I couldnt quite understand why it would work and then not work.

They told me they would re-sync the key to the car again but it would be another 30.

Ive been reading on the internet over the last couple of days and there is alot of similar problems the ones that stick out are, Central locking, Leaking in footwells and sunroof.

When i got the car i sealed the ariel with silicone gel and it has never leaked, and being near the sea it doesn't half come down

Any way how can I go about resyncing my fob to the car to save myself 30, if it then stopped working after that i would then go about getting a new key?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Graham Jarvis

Problems since having the car Aug 2007 (20,000 miles):

Starter motor had to be replaced.
Central Locking.
Alloy wheel locking nuts worn down, replace with normal bolts.
Currently in lejarvo's garage:
2001 Y Reg Renault Clio 1.2 - "Ariel at the Back"

Last edited by lejarvo; 17th January 2008 at 08:09 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by lejarvo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 1.2 2001 - Struggles to start &... Engines Phil48 5 1081 23rd June 2014 09:29 PM
Clio 1.2 - Non Runner, Cutting out, Please Help !... Engines mickeybo 10 2382 6th May 2012 11:52 AM
What is this wire and where should it be plugged... Engines mr espace 9 1562 26th April 2012 12:59 PM
Renault Clio 1.2 - Rev Counter/Coolant Temp Fault Electronics Kamikazzee 13 9598 27th February 2012 08:59 PM
Renault Clio 1.2 2001 Immobiliser Issue - HELP ! ! Electronics hondo 2 2126 30th October 2011 01:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome