Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Leaking Footwell, Central Locking, Indictors

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Leaking Footwell, Central Locking, Indictors

Hellow to everyone,

What a fantastic forum this is, been reading through different topics and everyone is so helpful.

Theres a few things wrong with my car at the minute.

Problem 1 - Footwell leaking

The driverside footwell is soaked with water, I'm having real problem trying to find the leak, ive narrowed it down to under the drivers seat. I went and ripped the carpet out so its down to the bare metal and soaked it all up with a sponge. I put the carpet back and left it overnight and its come back as it was raining last night.

Where can water get in from the outside to the driverside, i know its not the sunroof, so that narrows it down?

Problem 2 - Central Locking

Central locking doesn't work from the fob, have to open all the doors from the driverside door and when i do this all the doors open. Im sure its just a case of getting it to be recognised by the car again, any ways to do this to avoid renault dealer costs? Fob lights up and still flashes. If it helps i do not have a central locking button inside the car, however, i do have a button when the windscreen wiper control is.

Problem 3 - Indicators

When I drive along normally and signal to turn RIGHT, the indictor flashes normally at a steady rate, however when it comes to breaking the indicator decides to flash when it wants and it slows down and when i take my foot off the brake it returns to normal.

When I'm also driving along normally the oil light and the temp gauge flashes on and off when it wants to.

Cheers Danny
Currently in dlobrown's garage:
1998 Renault Megane 1.4 RN R reg White - 93'000 MILES - R793 TWO
  5 Lastest Threads by dlobrown
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane rn 1.4 e 1998 fuel indicater Electronics dlobrown 2 792 28th January 2009 08:00 PM
Megane Reversing Problem Engines dlobrown 7 1563 6th May 2008 01:47 PM
Speaker wiring Electronics madnoel10 1 2068 3rd March 2008 02:17 PM
Renault Megane engine cutting out Engines dlobrown 8 2039 21st February 2008 02:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome