Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Mkii Front Abs help please

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2016
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Scenic Mkii Front Abs help please

If the clip that holds the sensor has rotted and is weak the sensor may be being pulled away from the bearing when the steering is turned, without replacing the bearing and fitting a new retaining clip the only thing you can do is bodge it in place.

If you look at the picture of the hub you will see that there is a cut out area, put some liquid nails / silicone/ etc in this area over the cable just before the end of the sensor to help hold it in place.

As for testing the ABS sensor cable, I've got a sensor here which I think is ok and have just tried testing it with my multimeter, the only reading I can get is on the diode symbol in the ohms section and it gave a reading of .611

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ABS sensor test e.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	93434  

Please take the time to enter your vehicle details in the "What's current in your garage?" box.

To do this:
Hover over the "TOOLS" tab at the top of the page
> then in the dropdown click on "User Dashboard"
> click on "Edit Your Details" at the top Left hand side.
> scroll down to the "What's current in your garage?" box and enter your vehicle details.
> Once the details are entered scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

> Done.
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome