Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Mkii Front Abs help please

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic Mkii Front Abs help please

Originally Posted by TTT View Post
If the clip that holds the sensor has rotted and is weak the sensor may be being pulled away from the bearing when the steering is turned, without replacing the bearing and fitting a new retaining clip the only thing you can do is bodge it in place.

If you look at the picture of the hub you will see that there is a cut out area, put some liquid nails / silicone/ etc in this area over the cable just before the end of the sensor to help hold it in place.

As for testing the ABS sensor cable, I've got a sensor here which I think is ok and have just tried testing it with my multimeter, the only reading I can get is on the diode symbol in the ohms section and it gave a reading of .611

Thanks again for your help.
I'm going out to the car in a hour as I have to change the driveshaft on the o/s just hope I don't get any things seized in place
I will do that what you say while I'm out there to try and keep it secure.
I've just tested my snapped cable to see what a bad cable reads and that was "1" on that one.
Currently in Steveuk23's garage:
Renault Clio 1.2 1998
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome