Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2013 Master with squealing rear breaks

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2013 Master with squealing rear breaks

Ok so I have a 2013 ML MH Master, it has done just over 22,000 and we have had it from new and it is still within its 4 year warrante.

It is used mostly for motorway driving and not used around town.

The rear breaks started intermittently last August didnt matter what speed or how long we had been travelling some journeys it happened some it didn't.

It went into our local Renault dealership for investigation and we were advised that they could find nothing.

The issue continued and so it was booked in again, same story cant find an issue but if you want we can take pads off and grease them which should stop the noise however its not covered by the warrante so 130 thank you very much.

The noise did stop however has just started again this week and it just happened that its first MOT was due, a general health check was done and low and behold they have advised that it looks like the rear pads have been overheating and need replacing with the cause investigating !

I happened to mention that it had already been in twice before for an issue with the breaks and we were advised that there was no issue and now there is, the only work done on this was by themselves.

It is now booked in again to go in next week to look at this so my question is if the cause of the issue is for example break calipers which need replacing will this be covered within the warante and therefore break pads and shoes should be covered due to consequential damage to the vehicle resulting
from the principal defect.

I know that break pads and shoes would not normally be covered due to wear and tear but this will have been caused possibly by another issue which is covered by the warrante.

I am guessing that the local dealer is going to tell us that its not covered so just after some help prior to the visit.

5 Lastest Threads by OAKLEY11
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2013 Master with squealing rear breaks Brakes/Hubs OAKLEY11 0 176 12th March 2016 09:08 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome