Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Immobiliser Not Switching Off

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 18th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic 97 with similar problem

I think my keys are both out of sync with the immobiliser. Local Renault garage wants 40 to re-sync ... but I have to pay even if it fails. Problem is that reading other forums it looks like there is a fair chance that the car sensor in the roof has got wet as the car leaks a lot (drainage holes filled with moss? another job to resolve!). So at the moment I dont want to pay as I think its only half a chance that will succeed.

For the temp solution I have got the emergency code. Downloaded a bit of software (another forum enter bba-reman emergancy recode in google) + finding the model code on the plate + code inside the keys will generate the emergency code.
When you have the 4 digit emergency: With ignition on
1- hold central locking button down red immo light flashes slowly count number of 1st digit of immo code and release.
2- hold down central locking button and count 2nd digit and release
3- repeat for 3rd and 4th digits
4- when all numbers entered, ignition off and hold down central locking button immo lights remains constant, press key on/off quickly towards interior mirror. Hopefully plip will resynch.
Once immo light starts flashing -ign on/off and hold c/l button down again until red light remains constant and try again,may take a few goes.

I have not succeeded with the re-sync part in 4 above .. but at least can use the car.

Does anyone have any other ideas for how to re-sync or how to remove the immobiliser?

Last edited by tim441; 18th January 2008 at 04:30 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome