Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic III Leaking at top of windscreen?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Grand Scenic III Leaking at top of windscreen?

Is anyone aware of problems with the windscreen bonding on the Grand/Scenic III leaking?

On my 2009 Grand Scenic I have water coming into the passenger side. Limited time today to investigate but I drenched the roof/windscreen then released door seal and could see water dripping down from between the headlining and the metal roof at a point corresponding with the very top of the screen.

I couldn't see how to remove the inner A pillar trim to investigate further; only able to release it slightly. It appears to be well held by some method close to the screen. On the two other Scenic's I've owned I've generally found various plastics came away from their clips with a forceful tug, but this time it feels wrong and I don't want to break anything!

Incidentally the car has a sunroof but I don't think the Scenic III has front sunroof drain tubes which can block up. The design appears different to earlier models with the water being "channelled" to the side/front most area of the sunroof where it pools and spills forward to the top of the screen and thence drains down between the outermost edges of the screen and the outer A pillar body-coloured vertical screen trim strips.

The rear of the sunroof has drain tubes and I know these are both clear.

There was no evidence of water lying where it shouldn't be when I opened the sunroof.

Anyone with experience of the same problem on a Grand/Scenic III?

Thanks for your replies.
Currently in Portman's garage:
Grand Scenic III Privilege 2 litre CVT auto.
  5 Lastest Threads by Portman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grand Scenic III Sunroof exterior trim removal Bodywork Portman 2 316 12th March 2016 08:53 PM
Grand Scenic III Leaking at top of windscreen? Bodywork Portman 8 478 12th March 2016 08:40 PM
Scenic III (2010) replacement of rear pads Brakes/Hubs funkoval 22 7236 8th March 2014 06:48 PM
Renault Scenic 2 - Rear Brake Noise Wheels & tyres Portman 4 1514 19th August 2008 07:49 PM
Warranty claim conditions Cars & motoring VelSatisfied 1 1294 4th February 2008 09:57 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome